Vanguard™ Renewable & Compostable Sugarcane Clamshells – 8in x 8in x 3in
Vanguard™ is a groundbreaking new line of molded fiber containers. This new line demonstrates our continued leadership and innovation in foodservice packaging. The Vanguard™ line uses proprietary alternative compounds to achieve grease-resistance performance, without relying on conventional PFAS*. Made from reclaimed and rapidly renewable sugarcane fibers, these containers meet BPI requirements for compostability certification. * Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances.
- Made from renewable and reclaimed resources
- Made with sugarcane, a rapidly renewable resource
- Proprietary alternative compounds to achieve grease-resistance performance
- Meets BPI’s requirements for compostability certification effective January 1, 2020
- Meet ASTM standards for compostability
- Grease- and cut- resistant
- Microwaveable and freezable
- Traditional plastic clamshells are made from petroleum, the world’s most valuable, non-renewable resource.
- Sugarcane products are made from rapidly renewable resources, not oil.
- Our sugarcane products are made from a reclaimed resource that would otherwise have been burned.
- Our sugarcane products are compostable in commercial compost facilities, but unfortunately not in your home compost.
- Compost is a great way to improve vital soil resources and divert waste that would otherwise be landfilled.
- Composting helps divert waste from landfills.
Sustainability is a journey, and every step of the way we want to make a smaller environmental impression. This footprint shows where our product life cycle stacks up today. Learn More