Strengthening your immune system is crucial to avoid contracting diseases. This is especially true because we are amid the life-threatening coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic. Aside from eating nutritious foods, incorporating food supplements like CBD oil in your diet can boost your immunity. Of course, you must exercise and get enough rest and sleep to stay healthy.
In this article, you’ll learn when to try CBD products in your everyday life.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid or cannabis compound that’s present in the leaves, stems, and other parts of the cannabis plant, mainly the hemp and the marijuana varieties. Knowing the differences between hemp oil vs. CBD oil will help you choose the best natural alternative and adjunct treatment to traditional medications.
When to Try CBD
Take the Average Dose of CBD Every Day
The side effect and toxicity profile of CBD is favorable for daily use. This cannabinoid is subject to increasing clinical research and investigation in the medical and commercial industries to treat different clinical conditions. Taking the average daily dose (10 mg/kg) of CBD is highly recommended, as it’ll produce positive results in generalized social anxiety disorder or SAD.
Here are some ways you can take CBD daily:
- CBD Infused in Foods and Drinks: You can add a few drops of CBD oil or tincture to your favorite food or drink for a fun way to take CBD every day.
- CBD Taken Under the Tongue: A fast way to take your daily dose of CBD is by putting a few drops under your tongue or sublingually.
- Eat CBD Edibles: CBD edibles are commercially available and include CBD gummies and CBD cookies.
Take CBD When You’re in Pain
CBD can help soothe the pain you’re experiencing because of an injury or a disease. It has analgesic properties, which makes it a great alternative to over-the-counter pain medications. CBD doesn’t have unwanted side effects such as stomach upset or nausea.
CBD topicals can be applied to the injured area. For instance, CBD topicals have neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in treating arthritis. Some examples of CBD topicals include CBD creams, cooling sticks, salves, and balms.
Here’s how to apply CBD topicals:
- Clean the skin area with water and mild soap or cotton soaked with alcohol.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of CBD cream or an ample amount of any CBD topical to the injured area.
- Massage the area gently using rotating motion to let the skin absorb cannabidiol and fully feel the pain-relieving and soothing effects.
Take CBD When You’re Stressed Out or Anxious
According to preliminary research, CBD can help reduce stress and anxiety, including improving sleep patterns. So, if you’re overly stressed out, taking CBD is a good idea to help calm your senses. While you can ingest CBD, a faster way to feel the relaxing effects of cannabidiol is vaping. CBD e-juices are now commercially available for vaping.
Vaping technology allows users to benefit from the therapeutic effects of CBD, fast and easy. For those who smoke cigarettes to relieve stress and anxiety, vaping is a healthier method, getting rid of the chemical exposure they get by smoking cigarettes. CBD flowers are also available for vaping by using dry herb vaporizers.
Here are the steps in using CBD vape when you’re under stress or pressure:
- Choose a dry herb vaporizer according to your vaping needs and budget.
- Power on the dry herb vaporizer and prime by heating it for a few minutes.
- Grind the CBD buds but don’t powder it too much.
- Place the ground CBD on the heating chamber using a scooping tool (may come with your vape device) and flatten the surface without making it too compact.
- Set the desired temperature on your vaping device.
- Start inhaling CBD vapor until you feel that your lungs are filled. Pause your breath for about a minute to let the lung capillaries absorb CBD.
Take CBD When You have Problems Sleeping
Sleep deprivation or lack of sleep can affect your everyday routine. That’s why it’s advisable to consult a doctor to assess if you’re suffering from a sleep disorder or an underlying medical condition. Hyperthyroidism is one such condition and it impedes sleep due to the stimulating effects of increased levels of thyroid hormones in the blood. Taking CBD helps when you have trouble getting sleep. This is because CBD helps reduce stress and anxiety which are the major causes of not getting enough sleep.
It’s a good idea to take CBD as a supplement in addition to dietary nutrient sources. CBD helps to keep your immune system strong and helps improve overall health. Also, CBD alleviates stress and anxiety and helps you sleep well. CBD can be used to reduce pain, with or without traditional medicine. Sometimes, CBD can work along with other medicines and the synergy can help you become healthy, happier, and pain-free.